We at Redtail on the River are excited to welcome you to your new home — and even more excited to welcome back all of our returning residents for another great year! You’re going to be a part of the Campus Advantage family. As you become part of our family, we strive to provide the best experience that you’ve had at an apartment community.
As you move into your new apartment, please keep an eye on the AC units! Experts say that if you want to run your AC during summer, it’s best to keep it at 78 degrees or higher. Be careful not to run your AC lower than 74 degrees or you can risk freezing it over. You can also take advantage of the cooler evening weather and open your windows. Make sure your AC is set to “auto”, not “on”. Turn on your fans in order to move the air around the apartment.
Reminders & Updates
Rent is due! Make sure you pay before August 5 to avoid any late fees! If you need assistance setting up your online portal or writing checks/money orders, come to the office and we’ll give you a hand.
Make This Your Best Year Yet!
Welcome to a brand-new academic year. You’re off to a great start having chosen to live at a Campus Advantage community. Our goal is to give you an amazing experience! We’ll be providing you with events, resources, and information to help you thrive.
With that goal in mind, we asked returning residents and Campus Advantage team members for their tips! Here’s some of what they had to say:
- Meet your neighbors. Create memories that will last a lifetime!
- Don’t hesitate to get involved. The only things you will regret are the things you didn’t do.
- This is your journey to success! Make a difference, make friends, and make a life!
- Keep an open mind, and take care of one another. You are part of a community, not just a housing facility.
- Set goals for this year. What do you want to experience and accomplish? Make it happen!
- Get to know the staff! The entire team is here to help you succeed.
- Tell us how we can serve you better! Whether it’s an idea for an event or a concern about the community, we want to hear from you.
- Find balance between academics and a life outside of the classroom.
- If you have roommates, set mutual expectations now to avoid future conflicts.
- Join the fun! We’ll have community events for you to join and enjoy all year. Let us know what else you want to see.
We’re passionate about your success, not only in your living experience, but in all areas. Thank you for being part of this community. We look forward to making this your best year yet!
Community Events Calendar
Welcome to the Property Cookout — August 16 from 3–5 p.m. — After a long day of moving into your new home, join us at the pool for free food, pool games, and fun meeting your new neighbors.
Movies and Game Night — August 18 @ 7:30 p.m. — Come down to the front office and enjoy free movie-time snacks and watch a movie you choose! Also, play in our Mario Kart tournament, and see who’s the best!
Resident Basketball Tournament — August 19 from 2–4:30 p.m. — Come to the basketball court and join our basketball tournament. Create teams of three or four. The winning team will not only receive the game ball, but will also receive a $25 Visa gift card for each team member.
School Shopping at Redtail — August 23 from 9:30 a.m.–7 p.m. — The first day of school is coming up soon. Do some of your school shopping at Redtail on the River. Come down to the front office and grab some notebooks, pens, pencils, and other awesome school supplies to make your first day a success!
Breakfast on the Go — August 24 @ 7 a.m. — Take the stress out of the first day and grab your breakfast as you jump on the shuttle! Come by and grab a delicious free breakfast. Start your first day off right!
Pool Volleyball and Other Pool Games — August 25 from 3–5 p.m. — Come by the pool and enjoy some fun in the sun after the first full two days of classes! Enjoy some pool volleyball!
Waffles and Pancakes — August 30 from 9:30 a.m.–noon — Stop by and enjoy some freshly cooked waffles, pancakes, and coffee! Wednesdays are always a hard day, so why not spice it up with some fresh-cooked breakfast!