Living in Columbia, you’ll see some crazy temperature fluctuations that make it pretty hard to adjust your air conditioning accordingly. Here are a few tips to help ensure that your A/C is running efficiently:
- Your A/C does not cool when the temperature outside is cooler than the setting. For example, if it’s 70 degrees outside and your A/C is set to 74, it will not kick on unless you’re doing something funky (like hot yoga) that drives the temperature inside higher than 74 degrees.
- Make sure your A/C is set to “auto” or else it will keep running consistently (therefore increasing your electricity bill).
- Communicate with your roommates! If your A/C is on but your roommate has their window open, the unit will have to work extra hard to cool the place down (once again, increasing your electricity bill).
Make sure you’re following us on social media! This is where you’ll find announcements, office shenanigans, and opportunities to win prizes!
Have a Successful Summer with CA!
With summer in full swing, you might be finding yourself with some extra time on your hands. Summer can be an amazing time to have fun, enjoy trips and activities, attend baseball games, go to a farmers market, and much more. But summer can also be perfect for gearing up professionally! Check out some of the following tips on how you can give yourself the “Campus Advantage” above your peers this summer:
- Visit your campus’s career center. Since it’s summer, they are often less busy and can give you individual support for updating your resume or prepping you for an upcoming interview.
- Log in to your resident portal and take advantage of the numerous resources in the Campus Advantage Career Success Portal!
- Even if you don’t absolutely need a job this summer, consider finding a low-key part-time position that could provide you with some extra resume experience. Consider positions with transferable skills that would benefit your major.
- Find a new volunteer opportunity or organization to join that fits a hobby of yours or helps others. Giving back looks great on your resume, makes a difference, and makes you feel good at the same time!
- Hard to believe that shopping can help your professional game, but stores often have sales on business wear during the summer. Check out the racks to see if you can find a few classic interview-appropriate pieces for the fall.
Stop by the management office and let them know what kind of events they could host this summer/fall to help make you successful!
Share how you’re going to boost your success this summer with other Campus Advantage residents by posting on social media with the hashtag #CASummerSuccess.
Community Events Calendar
Donation Drive — All Month — Come by the office during office hours to drop off anything you don’t need. We’ll have donation bins for anything you want to get rid of while you move out.
Water Balloon Dodgeball — July 6 @ 3 p.m. — Come to the courtyard for some water balloon dodgeball! We’ll fill up water balloons and separate everyone into teams. We’re sure everyone still has some old P.E. skills.
Fortnite Night — July 12 @ 3 p.m. — Can you achieve a victory royale? We’ll be having a Fortnite night in the model unit for anyone who wants to enjoy some free pizza and fun!
Farewell Cookout — July 20 @ 2 p.m. — We hate to see some of our residents leave, so we want to have a proper send-off. We have enjoyed each of you. So please stop by the pool for a cookout, music, and games!