Pollen season — whoops, we mean spring — is here! In addition to the layer of green nonsense that has coated everything in sight, we’ll also be seeing some crazy temperature fluctuations that make it pretty hard to adjust your air conditioning accordingly. Here are a few tips to help ensure that your A/C is running efficiently:
- Your A/C does not cool when the temperature outside is cooler than the setting. For example, if it’s 70 degrees outside and your A/C is set to 74, it will not kick on unless you’re doing something funky (like hot yoga) that drives the temperature inside higher than 74 degrees.
- Make sure your AC is set to “auto” or else it will keep running consistently (therefore increasing your electricity bill).
- Communicate with your roommates! If your A/C is on but your roommate has their window open, the unit will have to work extra hard to cool the place down (once again, increasing your electricity bill).
Make sure you’re following us on social media! This is where you’ll find announcements, office shenanigans, and opportunities to win prizes!
May Your Summer Be the Best One Yet — Congratulations from Campus Advantage!
As another academic year comes to an end, your management team and everyone here at Campus Advantage would like to congratulate you on a job well done. Being a successful college student or young professional takes a lot of effort, and you deserve credit for all of your hard work!
Over the past year, we hope you’ve taken advantage of all the opportunities that we’ve provided for you to connect with your neighbors, learn new skills, stay on top of your academic game, set yourself up for career success, and open your eyes to new perspectives and adventures.
Some of you may be graduating this year, some may be headed to summer classes. Maybe your hours will be spent at a summer internship or enjoying the sun on a vacation. Wherever your summer months take you, we want you to stay connected with us so we can continue to support you on your way. Consider taking the following steps to ensure your continued success as a resident of Campus Advantage:
- If you’re going to be gone for a significant part of the summer, make sure to prepay or schedule online payments so you don’t miss rent deadlines. Also, communicate your long-term absence with the management office so we can keep a pulse on who will be around this summer.
- If you haven’t already done so, sign up for a free account with the Campus Advantage Career Success portal to get resume assistance, job alerts, and tons of other resources to help you get a job!
- Got some free time? We’ll still be hosting some great events throughout the summer, so make sure to join us for some fun! Also, don’t forget to get out and enjoy our outdoor space and amenities that might have gone forgotten in the winter months.
- If you’re looking for a quality job for the next academic year, stop by and talk to us in the management office about possible openings on our Community Assistant team!
- Finally, if you’re still on the fence about signing a lease for next year — don’t wait any longer! Spaces are going fast, and we want to make sure you’re able to call this community home for another year. Stop by and see us in the management office today to renew your lease or get leasing information for a friend.
Cheers to the end of your semester, and good luck on any pending exams and projects you may have! Make sure to check out the calendar for events going on this month, and follow your community on social media to connect and fuel up for May.
Self-Defense Class — May 30 @ 4 p.m. — Join Officer Poole on the pool deck for a FREE self-defense class. Learn how to protect yourself in any situation.