We at Redtail on the River hope you’re all enjoying your holiday season! It’s time to start thinking about what your plans are for next year. We would love to give you more information about renewing your lease at Redtail — come talk to us today before rates go up! We love you as part of the Campus Advantage family and would love to see you again next year.
As you begin to turn on your heaters, please keep in mind that they need to be set at a minimum of 68 degrees in order to keep from freezing in the winter months. As you leave to go on break, please keep in mind that when you set your heater on auto, there’s no need to shut it off; it will run at the temperature you set it on. PLEASE DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR HEATER WHEN YOU LEAVE. Turning them off completely will cause issues.
Reminders & Updates
Rent is due on the first of the month! Make sure you pay before November 5 to avoid any late fees! If you need assistance setting up your online portal or writing checks/money orders, come to the office and we’ll give you a hand.
Building a Career in College
College is such a busy, crazy time for many people that focusing on the here and now is all most can do. Well, good news! There are several ways to incorporate career building into your everyday busy life. By taking the following steps, you’ll be on your way to creating a successful future for yourself:
- Visit your university’s career center. Employers are focusing more and more on experience and skills rather than just good grades. Get in touch with organizations through the career center to branch out and participate in different activities you normally wouldn’t have. This gives you a chance to explore your major and others, and see what you’re truly passionate about.
- Evaluate yourself. Your future employer will want to know why you’re a good fit for their company. College is about finding your strengths and weaknesses — take time now to figure out your skills, values, personality traits, and interests. Learning about yourself will help prepare you for interviews when you’re hit with the question, “What do you think you will excel at the most in this position?”
- Challenge yourself. The more you’re willing to get out of your comfort zone, the more likely you’re to overcome your weaknesses. Apply for the part-time job at your apartment complex you normally wouldn’t apply for, or take that theater class you’ve always wanted to take. By challenging yourself, you’re building important skills and personality traits that will help you rise within your field.
- Take your work seriously. Whether you have a part-time job or volunteer, take the experience seriously. You can use previous supervisors for references when you are beginning your career. It will pay off in the long run to succeed in the workplace by building useful skills that you’ll have for life.
- Find a mentor. Find someone who is doing what you want to do. You can search on LinkedIn to get connected and network with others in your field who are also passionate about what they do. Talk to your professors and pick their brains as to why they chose the career they did. Once you find a mentor, everything can change. You become more motivated to succeed in something you love doing because you have someone who makes the experience a million times better.
National Sandwich Day — November 3 from 11 a.m.–1 p.m. — Come down to the office and help us celebrate with some sandwiches! #FreeFood
Pretzel Decorating — November 8 from 3–6 p.m. — Have you ever had the desire to make your food more decorative? Well, come down to the front office and decorate some pretzels with us! If you don’t want to decorate them, you could always eat them!
Motivational Monday — November 13 from 10 a.m.–7 p.m. — Stop by the front office for an inspirational treat! We know Mondays are hard, but make it easier by stopping by and saying hello.
Annual Turkey Dinner — November 16 from noon–7 p.m. — The holidays are coming, so stop by for our Friendsgiving! We want to give you a turkey dinner before you head home to your families. It’s going to be delicious! Don’t miss one of our biggest events of the year.