Are you enjoying the good weather? It’s supposed to be sunny all month, but be careful — it’ll get hotter as the summer goes on. Make sure you put on sunscreen!
We have a lot of events planned to keep your summer interesting, so make sure you’re following us on social media to stay informed about them:
- Facebook: @RedtailontheRiver
- Twitter: @RedtailonRiver
- Instagram: @redtailontheriver
Summer weather is hot weather! Experts say that if you want to run your AC during summer, it’s best to keep it at 78 degrees or higher. Be careful not to run your AC lower than 74 degrees or you can risk freezing it over. You can also take advantage of the cooler evening weather and open your windows. Make sure your AC is set on “auto”, not “on”.
Reminders & Updates
Rent is due! Make sure you pay before July 5 to avoid any late fees! If you need assistance setting up your online portal or writing checks/money orders, come to the office and we’ll give you a hand.
We hope that you enjoy your Fourth of July celebrations, but please remember that fireworks are prohibited on the property.
As summer continues, please keep in mind that pets and glass bottles aren’t allowed in the pool area. This is for the safety of all residents so we may continue to enjoy our pool.
Have a Successful Summer with CA!
With summer in full swing, you might be finding yourself with some extra time on your hands. Summer can be an amazing time to have fun, enjoy trips and activities, attend baseball games, go to a farmers market, and much more. But summer can also be perfect for gearing up professionally! Check out some of the following tips on how you can give yourself the “Campus Advantage” above your peers this summer:
- Visit your campus’s career center. Since it’s summer, they are often less busy and can give you individual support for updating your resume or prepping you for an upcoming interview.
- Log in to your resident portal and take advantage of the numerous resources in the Campus Advantage Career Success Portal!
- Even if you don’t absolutely need a job this summer, consider finding a low-key part-time position that could provide you with some extra resume experience. Consider positions with transferable skills that would benefit your major.
- Find a new volunteer opportunity or organization to join that fits a hobby of yours or helps others. Giving back looks great on your resume, makes a difference, and makes you feel good at the same time!
- Hard to believe that shopping can help your professional game, but stores often have sales on business wear during the summer. Check out the racks to see if you can find a few classic interview-appropriate pieces for the fall.
- Stop by the management office and let them know what kind of events they could host this summer/fall to help make you successful!
Share how you’re going to boost your success this summer with other Campus Advantage residents by posting on social media with the hashtag #CASummerSuccess.
Community Events Calendar
Taco Tuesday — July 11 from 2–4 p.m. — We’ll have a variety of Taco Bell tacos in our front office. Stop by and pick one up on your way to class or the pool!
Trivia Tuesday — July 18 @ noon — Answer the trivia questions about Redtail on the River on Instagram. The first person to get all three questions correct will receive a $15 gift card!
Resident Self-Defense Class — July 19 from 2:30–3:30 p.m. — Join us for a FREE self-defense class offered by Capital Karate. Come down and learn how to throw down (in case you need it)!
Monday Movie Night — July 24 from 7:30–9:30 p.m. — Come to the pool and enjoy a great movie with all your favorite movie snacks like popcorn, candy, and soda! The movie will be determined via Instagram on July 1. Don’t forget to put your vote in for a movie you’ve been wanting to see!
Poolside Pizza Party — July 26 from noon–2 p.m. — Pizza will be ordered and delivered to the pool while you chill out! Come out and join us for pool games, pizza, and fun times!
Move Snowballs — July 31 from 2:30–3:30 p.m. — We’re sad to see you go, but when you turn in keys, don’t forget to grab a nice refreshing snowball in the clubhouse on your way out. We’ll miss you!